Harry & Meghan claims dubbed outright lies by outraged Palace sources

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle's claims about their wedding in their Netflix documentary have been dubbed 'outright lies' by outraged Palace sources.

Having premiered last week on the streaming platform, Harry & Meghan has been a major talking point for those who dove into its narrative of royal revelations.

In one scene, the Duchess of Sussex, 41, claimed that she was advised not to invite her niece Ashleigh Hale – the daughter of Meghan's estranged half-sister Samantha Markle – to her and 38 year old Harry's wedding back in 2018.

"How do we explain that this half-sister isn't invited to the wedding, but that the half-sister's daughter is? And so with Ashleigh, the guidance at the time was to not have her come to our wedding," she explained to the cameras.

Ashleigh herself, 37, appears in the series, suggesting she felt "hurt" by her omission from the ceremony.

Now, in response to Meghan's allegation, royal sources have informed The Sunday Times that in fact, they urged Meghan to invite more family members to the wedding.

"That just didn’t happen. We never gave any advice, steer or guidance on who of her family or friends should or shouldn’t come," they said, adding that the ex-actress didn't want to invite Ashleigh as it would've put her under intense scrutiny.

"It was not a question she put to us. We would never tell her not to invite her own niece and we would never get involved in any management of personal relationships."


A second insider went on to corroborate: "Meghan didn’t want the media to know about Ashleigh. No one on earth would have said don’t invite family to the wedding. That’s a complete and utter lie.

"We wanted more family there to make it look less weird for her."

In the end, it was only Meghan's mother Doria Ragland who attended from her side, as her father Thomas Markle suffered a heart attack around the same time.

Meanwhile, the setting for Harry and Meghan's Netflix interviews has been unveiled as a £27.3 million mansion in California, which is available on the market, and not actually their own Montecito family home.

Via the Mail on Sunday, it's reported that the 13,599 sq ft, six-bedroom property once belonged to disgraced Quadriga Arts CEO Mark Schulhof – accused of orchestrating a $116 million (£95m) scam targeting disabled veterans.

The property is reportedly a nine-minute drive from the couple's mansion, where they live with children Archie and Lilibet.

READ MORE:

  • Click here for today's top showbiz news

  • Prince William 'gutted' for England as they lose against France in World Cup
  • To read the very best of today’s OK! content from breaking news to Royals and TV – CLICK HERE

  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle drop unseen footage of Netflix doc and reveal wedding secret

  • Meghan Markle's half brother says she hasn't spoken to dad Thomas amid Netflix drama

Source: Read Full Article